Iceland is at the top of the list for our clients when it comes to international travel
Iceland is a stunning country
located in the North Atlantic Ocean, known for its unique and beautiful landscapes, friendly locals, and vibrant culture.
In this article, we’ll provide advice, things to see and do and what you should bring during your stay in Iceland.
Without further ado, let’s get into it!
Advice on Traveling to Iceland from U.S.
If you’re planning a trip to Iceland, there are several things you should consider before embarking on your journey.
Firstly, it’s important to decide on the time of year you want to visit Iceland. The majestic country experiences long days in the summer, with daylight lasting up to 24 hours, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and exploring.
However, the winter season can also be an exciting time to visit, as the country experiences long nights and the Northern Lights can often be seen dancing across the sky.
When it comes to accommodation, Iceland has a variety of options ranging from budget-friendly hostels to luxury hotels.
It’s recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially if you plan to visit during the peak tourist season in the summer months.
At Superior Cruise & Travel, a KROZ Company, we can help you plan well in advance so you can enjoy the best accommodations and enjoy the stress-free process of travel planning.
Things to See in Iceland
One of the must-see attractions in Iceland is the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa with crystal blue waters that are rich in minerals. It’s a popular destination for visitors to Iceland, and it’s recommended to book your tickets in advance to avoid long waiting times.
Another popular attraction is the Golden Circle, a route that takes you through some of Iceland’s most stunning natural wonders, including the Geysir hot spring area, Gullfoss waterfall, and Thingvellir National Park.
Some other things to do during your stay in Iceland include:
- Hiking on a Glacier: Iceland is home to some of the largest glaciers in Europe, and hiking on one of these icy giants is an unforgettable experience.
- Whale Watching: Iceland is one of the best places in the world for whale watching, with a variety of species, including humpback whales, minke whales, and orcas.
- Visiting Reykjavik: Reykjavik is Iceland’s capital city and is home to a vibrant arts and culture scene, as well as a variety of museums and historic sites.
- Northern Lights: Iceland is one of the best places in the world to see the Northern Lights, a natural phenomenon that lights up the night sky with brilliant colors.
- Horseback Riding: Icelandic horses are known for their unique gaits, and horseback riding is a popular activity in Iceland, with a variety of tours available for all skill levels.
- Visiting a Volcano: Iceland is home to some of the world’s most active volcanoes, and visiting one of these fiery giants is a thrilling and unforgettable experience.
- Seeing Cute Puffins: Iceland is home to a variety of seabirds, including the adorable puffin. Seeing these colorful birds up close is a must-do activity in Iceland.
- Exploring Iceland’s Waterfalls: Iceland is home to some of the most stunning waterfalls in the world, including the famous Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls.
What to Pack for Your Iceland Trip
When packing for an Iceland trip
, it’s important to consider the country’s weather and outdoor activities. Here are some essential items to pack:
- Warm layers: Iceland can be cold, even in the summer, so pack warm layers like sweaters, fleeces, and a down jacket.
- Waterproof jacket and pants: Iceland is known for its rain and wind, so a waterproof jacket and pants are a must-have. Look for gear with waterproof and breathable material.
- Warm hat, gloves, and scarf: Protect your head, hands, and neck from the cold with warm accessories. Do you see a theme here? It’s cold in Iceland.
- Hiking boots: Iceland has rugged terrain, so a sturdy pair of hiking boots with good traction is necessary for exploring the country’s natural beauty.
- Swimsuit: Iceland has many hot springs and geothermal pools, so a swimsuit is essential for soaking in the warm waters.
- Phone/Camera: Iceland is a photographer’s dream, with stunning landscapes and natural phenomena like the Northern Lights. Bring your phone or camera to capture these amazing memories.
- Portable power bank: If you plan on using your phone or camera frequently, bring a power bank to keep your devices charged.
- Medications: Bring any necessary medications, as well as over-the-counter remedies for common ailments like headaches and colds.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses: Even in the winter, Iceland can be bright and sunny. Protect your skin and eyes with sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Backpack: A backpack is useful for carrying essentials like water, snacks, and extra layers on hikes and excursions.
Remember to pack appropriately for the specific activities and attractions you plan to do in Iceland.
And, if you’re traveling during the winter months, consider adding items like hand and foot warmers, as well as crampons for extra traction on icy surfaces.
Traveling to Iceland with Kids
Traveling to Iceland with kids
can be a wonderful experience as the country offers a wealth of outdoor activities and natural attractions that are perfect for families.
Pack appropriate clothing and gear for your kids, including warm layers, waterproof jackets and pants, sneakers, and swimsuits for hot springs and geothermal pools.
Consider renting a car to get around and explore natural attractions like waterfalls, glaciers, and volcanic landscapes.
You can also visit family-friendly attractions such as amusement parks, zoos, and museums.
Encourage your kids to try traditional Icelandic food and learn about Icelandic culture, folklore, and mythology.
Be prepared for long days in the summer months when Iceland experiences 24 hours of daylight, and consider bringing eye masks or other tools to help your kids sleep.
Overall, Iceland can be a great destination for families with kids, as long as you plan ahead, pack appropriately, and prioritize activities that will be enjoyable for everyone in the family.
Plan Your Iceland Trip with the Best in Travel
Overall, traveling to Iceland can be an unforgettable experience. With its stunning landscapes, and unique culture, it’s no wonder why Iceland has become a popular destination for travelers from all over the world.
To plan your travel without the headache, call our team at 800.992.8064 or email us at [email protected]
We continue to go above and beyond for our clients. Our goal is to ensure you maximize your travel experience!