Jordan can be an incredible honeymoon destination, with its mix of ancient history, stunning landscapes, and luxurious accommodations. As you’ll see in the photos below, Jordan is an ideal place to engage with nature and indulge in adventure travel activities.
Due to its location in the Middle-East, Jordan is an underrated honeymoon destination. However, Jordan is an extremely safe country to visit for all kinds of travelers and offers plenty of things to do for couples on their honeymoon or anniversarymoon.
In this article, we’ll recommend some places to see while you enjoy the new found love.
Ajloun Forest Reserve
Ajloun Forest Reserve located in north-west Jordan is great to start your nature honeymoon in Jordan. The reserve covers a small area and is dominated by evergreen oak and pine among other trees. There are many romantic hotels and bed and breakfasts near the reserve. Ruins of Jerash and Ajloun castle are excellent day trips from the reserve.
Wadi Mujib is called the ‘Grand Canyon of Jordan’ and is perfect for a soft adventure destination honeymoon. Wadi Mujib is carved by the Wadi MujibRiver in Jordan that drains into the Dead Sea. The river creates a dramatic nature reserve as in carves its path into the mountains. The gorges and canyons of Wadi Mujib are located below sea-level. Honeymooning couples can hike through the reserve and have a thrilling time in the narrows and towering cliffs of the canyon. The hike goes through waterfalls and offers rappelling and swimming opportunities.
Dana Biosphere Reserve
Dana Biosphere Reserve is Jordan’s largest biosphere reserve and has incredible biodiversity which is perfect for nature destination honeymoon seekers. The reserve includes spectacular mountains, sand dunes, and canyons and is home to a great variety of wildlife. Many of the plants and animals found in Wadi Mujib are very rare including the Nubian Ibex and the Caracal. Other animals encountered include goat and sheep, donkeys, and camels.
Wadi Rum is the red rock desert in southern Jordan. Wadi Rum is the perfect place to enjoy an otherworldly destination with sand a desert landscape, majestic mountains, and utter desolation. Bedouin camp villages in Wadi Rum specially cater to honeymooning couples with luxury glamping accommodations, candle-lit paths, and delicious meals.
Honeymooners in Petra are privy to majestic Nabatean and Roman ruins of this celebrated world wonder. Petra is a UNESCO world heritage site and has beautiful buildings including the Treasury, Monastery, Roman amphitheater, and colonnaded streets. Petra has numerous hiking opportunities which allow visitors to get away from the crowds and enjoy the sandstone cliffs and carved ruins.
Aqaba is the perfect destination honeymoon for snorkelers and scuba divers. Aqaba is Jordan’s coastal town adjacent to the Gulf of Aqaba and the Red Sea and is a paradise for lovers of water sports. Honeymooners can stay in one of the pretty snorkeling resorts surrounding the coast and experience the varied sea life in the Gulf of Aqaba. Beautiful reefs, shipwrecks, avariety of fishesand intricate corals abound in the waters of the Gulf of Aqaba.
Recommendations for Traveling to Jordan
Jordan is a beautiful and culturally rich country, with a mix of ancient history and stunning natural landscapes. Here are some tips for traveling to Jordan:
- Obtain a Visa: Most visitors to Jordan will need a visa, which can be obtained online in advance or upon arrival at the airport. Be sure to check the specific visa requirements for your country before traveling.
- Dress modestly: Jordan is a conservative country, so it’s important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites. Women should cover their shoulders and knees, and men should avoid wearing shorts in public.
- Hire a guide: Hiring a guide can be a great way to make the most of your time in Jordan and learn more about the country’s history and culture. Many guides speak English and can arrange transportation and accommodations as well.
- Visit Petra (see above): Petra is one of the most iconic sites in Jordan and is a must-see destination for any visit to the country. Be sure to plan ahead and give yourself enough time to explore the site, as it can take several hours or even a full day to see everything.
- Explore other historic sites: Jordan is home to a variety of other historic sites, including the Roman ruins of Jerash and the Crusader castle of Karak. Be sure to visit these sites with a guide to learn more about their history and significance.
- Enjoy the natural landscapes: Jordan is also home to stunning natural landscapes, including the Wadi Rum desert and the Dead Sea. Be sure to spend some time exploring these areas and enjoying the unique experiences they offer.
- Try the local cuisine: Jordanian cuisine is delicious and diverse, with dishes like falafel, hummus, and mansaf (a traditional Jordanian dish). Be sure to try some of the local cuisine and visit the country’s bustling street food markets.
Jordan can be the perfect honeymoon for world travelers. The best way to experience it all is booking with Superior Cruise & Travel, a KROZ Company!