Without a doubt, Gstaad, Switzerland is every traveler’s dream! Gstaad is a beautiful village in the German-speaking section of the Canton of Bern in southwestern Switzerland.
It is almost a postcard- ski resort town in the Swiss Alps. The Gstaad-Saanenland festival region in the Bernese Oberland pulls a fascinating mix of visitors, while the chalet village of Gstaad welcomes the famous guests, the smaller neighboring villages present interesting options for families with especially children.
If you are planning to visit this delightful place, then Superior Cruise & Travel can make this dream come true. The latest update says that the center of Gstaad has made a name for itself as the most popular and the shortest “shopping mile” in Switzerland.
What makes Gstaad glamorous? Is that it pulls in the rich and famous from all over the world, celebrities and renowned personalities have always been spotted in Gstaad.
Hotels in Gstaad
Many of the world’s best hotels can be found in Gstaad, here are a few you should consider when planning your getaway.
Built in 1913, the Gstaad Palace has earned an unrivaled reputation for discreet, sophisticated hospitality, Over the years it has always welcomed the most distinguished international clientele. The Gstaad Palace is set on a hill that overlooks the beautiful town of Gstaad. The resort is also privileged to offer a breathtaking sight of the grand Swiss Alps.
The Alpina Gstaad
If you are looking for an unbelievably luxurious experience in a wonderful setting of natural beauty, then treat yourself to a lavish stay at the 5-star Alpina Hotel in Gstaad, Switzerland. The hotel is Magnificent in every detail right from the drive-up entry, the bar, the lobby, the accommodations, restaurants, spa, and private cinema.
Best 3-star hotel to stay with beautiful decor, high standard of furnishings, comfortable bed, stunning view of mountains in south-facing room, delicious breakfast, first-class management and staff, fabulous pool, close to the delightful village of Saanen.
What Makes Gstaad Special?
There is almost everything here at Gstaad that will float your boat. You name it; they have it.
SHOPPING: Elegant boutiques and international flagship stores, professional sports shops, fine jewelry stores to smaller retailers selling a range of regional produce. Visitors from around the world will find the time and the full variety of shops for fun-filled shopping days during the holiday season.
WELLNESS: The wellness program in the holiday resort of Gstaad is second to no one, mostly because of its spa specialist hotels, wellness facilities, and its sports with an indoor swimming pool. Above all, the resorts of Gstaad are the best place to unwind and do yourself some good in the most organic way.
TRADITION AND HANDICRAFTS: Gstaad has remained genuinely alpine, and down to earth. It is profoundly proud of its lives and cultures that it breathes every day. Gstaad has 200 farms, and 80 of them still use alpine pastures and around 7000 cows in the region.
Things to Do In Gstaad
Gstaad is a picturesque village located in the Swiss Alps. Known for its luxurious ski resorts, Gstaad is a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts. However, there is more to Gstaad than just skiing. Here are some of the top things to do in Gstaad:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Gstaad is home to some of the best ski resorts in the world. With over 200 kilometers of ski slopes, there is something for everyone, from beginners to experts. The ski season typically runs from December to April.
- Hiking: During the summer months, Gstaad is a haven for hikers. With over 300 kilometers of hiking trails, visitors can explore the stunning alpine scenery. Be sure to check out the Glacier 3000, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Cheese-Making: Switzerland is known for its cheese, and Gstaad is no exception. Visitors can take a cheese-making class and learn how to make traditional Swiss cheese. Be sure to sample some of the local cheese, including Gruyère and Emmental.
- Shopping: Gstaad is a shopper’s paradise. The village is home to high-end boutiques and luxury brands such as Chanel and Louis Vuitton. Be sure to check out the Gstaad Promenade, which is lined with shops and restaurants.
- Spa Day: After a day on the slopes or hiking in the mountains, visitors can relax and unwind at one of Gstaad’s luxurious spas. The Palace Spa offers a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: For a unique perspective of the Swiss Alps, visitors can take a hot air balloon ride. The ride offers stunning views of the mountains and the surrounding countryside.
- Ice Skating: During the winter months, visitors can lace up their skates and hit the ice. The Gstaad Ice Rink offers public skating sessions and ice hockey games.
More fun in Gstaad…
- Gourmet restaurants– The gourmet’s paradise of Gstaad has no fewer than 18 famous restaurants, with the Restaurant Chesery which has 18 Gault Millau points.
- Scooter fun– Sparenmoos-Zweisimmen or Wispile-Gstaad offers fast dives on unique scooters.
- Golden Pass panorama railway– Have a breathtaking journey from Montreux on Lake Geneva via Gstaad to Lake Thun, and from there onwards to Lucerne in central Switzerland.
- Lake Lauenen– The idyllic mountain lake where a dip-in is mandatory. The perfect excursion destination with a restaurant for walkers and mountains.
Final Thoughts on Gstaad
Gstaad is a beautiful and luxurious destination that offers a wide range of activities for visitors to enjoy. From skiing and hiking to cheese-making and hot air balloon rides, there is something for everyone in this charming Swiss village.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure-packed vacation or a relaxing getaway, Gstaad is the perfect destination. With its stunning natural beauty, world-class ski resorts, and luxurious spas and boutiques, Gstaad is sure to leave a lasting impression on any visitor. So why not visit Gstaad for your next getaway and experience all that this idyllic Alpine village has to offer?
Call Superior Cruise & Travel, a KROZ Company, today to plan and book your trip to Gstaad!