Not properly planning for your vacation can take a massive toll on your mental energy and finances. This unnecessary stress can cause many travelers to not enjoy their vacation. When you plan for your trip, you can prioritize things and improve your overall experience by being proactive.
Depending on your travel or vacation plan, a travel checklist can give you peace of mind and optimize your arrangements. Here is the best travel checklist you need for your next vacation. Read on!
- U.S. driver’s license (ensure it’s not expired)
- Passport (ensure it’s not expiring within 6 months of return)
- Covid-19 vaccine card (if necessary)
- Negative Covid-19 test results within defined time period (if necessary)
- Visas required for this trip
- Emergency contact telephone number
- Travel insurance with insurer details
- Trip confirmation and applicable voucher(s)
- Flight tickets or mobile ticket
- Photocopies of essential documents
- Intrepid country information
- Photocopy of passport and driver’s license
- Membership card(s) for travel discounts
- Student ID for travel discounts
- International driving license
Many individuals and families carry their own luggage when traveling to another city or country for vacations. Depending on the length of your stay, you may want to consider a suitcase for clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. And, a lighter backpack for more immediate needs and documents.
In addition, you may need a daypack to carry essential items, such as a camera, charger, phone, water bottle, etc., for your day trips. Make sure you choose a product that best fits your specific needs.
- Soft luggage backpack
- bag with wheels and straps
- Daypack padlocks and keys
If you are looking for a longer trip, we recommend choosing clothes that are easy to wash and fast dry. Obviously it depends on the things you do during your trip, but avoiding unnecessary clothing can save you time and body aches.
Here is the checklist for suggested clothing:
- Face masks
- Hat (especially if you are going somewhere warm)
- Warm anorak, micro fleece, or sweater (for colder destinations)
- Long-sleeved top (for evenings)
- Dress for casual evenings to dressier night out
- Shorts, skirts, slacks (wear jeans on travel day for lighter packing)
- Swimsuit for active to sunbathing to a quick apres ski in the hot tub
- T-shirts and quick-dry shirts
- Underwear and socks
- Footwear (hiking, walking/exercise, dancing/dinner, pool/beach)
- Small first aid kit
- Prescription medications
- Prescription glasses
- Contact lenses
- After-sun moisturizer
- Lip balm or lip salve
- Insect repellent
- Insect bite cream
- Memory cards
- Camera equipment Film (for our professional photographers, of course)
- Spare batteries
- Chargers and charging station
- Trekking socks
- Waterproof camera bag
- Eye mask
- Download White Noise app
Plan to Prepare Your Next Vacation
A travel checklist allows you to add things you want to bring along to your vacation. The purpose is to keep track of all the essential things and not miss a single item. Not only does a checklist allow you to organize your items but it also brings consistency and streamlines the entire packing process. You can repeat the checklist on future trips!
Do you have a question about your next trip and the fine print? Superior Cruise & Travel’s, a KROZ Company, travel agents help you plan your trip so you fully understand what to expect and bring!